ENERGY STAR® Refrigerators
New Jersey residents can receive a rebate up to $75 for the purchase of a select ENERGY STAR qualified refrigerator. And receive another $50 for recycling your old, working unit. Find out more info and learn how to Flip Your Fridge!
Replace your old fridge for bigger savings!
An estimated 170 million refrigerators and refrigerator/freezers are currently in use in the United States. More than 60 million refrigerators are over 10 years old, costing consumers $4.4 billion a year in energy costs.
Use the ENERGY STAR Savings Calculator to find out exactly how much money you'll save by replacing your existing refrigerator.
|Refrigerator Rebate Requirements|
|Rebate Amounts||Qualifying Models|
|$50 and $75
(see list for qualifying models)
To be eligible for a rebate, the model number you purchase must be included on the product list above, and you must be a customer of one of the following electric utility companies: JCP&L, PSE&G, Atlantic City Electric or Rockland Electric.
Interested in a specific model? Use our appliance finder tool to see if the model you like is eligible for a rebate.
- Apply directly online. It's fast and easy!
- Refrigerator Application for purchases made between July 1, 2015 and June 30, 2016. Note as of July 5, 2016: Please continue to use this application, with the same rebate levels and requirements, until the new one is available.
Retailer Instant Rebates
- A limited number of stores are able to provide rebates instantly at the register. If you received an instant rebate at the register, you do not qualify for the mail-in or online rebate.
Additional Opportunities to Save
- Are you replacing a refrigerator? A $50 rebate is offered to New Jersey residents who recycle their old, working refrigerators or freezers.
- Check out the ENERGY STAR clothes washer rebate. Buying a dryer too? We've got rebates up to $300.
Are you wondering what other rebates might be available? Visit our Rebates and Promotions page.
Contact us at 866-NJSMART or submit your question online. Allow up to 120 days to receive a rebate.