Refrigerator/Freezer Recycling Program
The Refrigerator/Freezer Recycling Program promotes responsible recycling of refrigerators and freezers and offers a $50 incentive. You'll be glad to know that approximately 95% of each appliance is recycled!
It Just Makes Sense
Consider these important facts:
- On average a newer refrigerator or freezer consumes 1,000 fewer kWh annually than a refrigerator or freezer manufactured before 1990.
- Recycling 20,000 older refrigerators or freezers results in energy savings equal to the amount of power used in approximately 1,400 homes or removing 40,000 cars from the road for one year.
- Find out how much your refrigerator or freezer costs to operate. You can save up to $150 a year on energy costs!
This offer is valid through June 30, 2014 and is available to residential customers of Atlantic City Electric, JCP&L, PSE&G and Rockland Electric.
This program offers a $50 incentive. Incentives are processed within 90-120 days.
- Eligible appliances include refrigerators and freezers between 10 and 30 cubic feet in size. The unit must be operational at the time of pick up.
- Refrigerator or freezer unit must be owned by the customer. You may recycle a maximum of two units per year.
- You must provide clear and safe access to your appliance(s) for the removal team. Personnel will not risk injury, or be able to move personal effects, or otherwise modify your home (e.g., remove door or railings) to remove the unit.
- An adult, 18 years of age or older, must be present to sign the release form.
There is no application form. To arrange for a free pick up of your old refrigerator or freezer schedule a pick-up online or call us at 877.270.3520.
Additional Opportunities to Save
- There are rebates available on additional energy-efficient equipment, such as heating and cooling equipment.
- Clothes washer rebate
- Refrigerator rebate
Are you wondering what other rebates might be available? Visit our Rebates and Promotions page.
New Jersey's Recycle and Win Contest Winners
Four lucky NJ residents won $500 by recycling their old refrigerators or freezers. Read more!