ENERGY STAR® Clothes Washers
The average American family washes almost 300 loads of laundry each year. Families are able to reduce their energy and water costs by purchasing a clothes washer that is ENERGY STAR qualified. These washers use on average 43% less energy and 75% less water than conventional models and costs on average $60 a year to run.
Don't waste time. Buy a new ENERGY STAR clothes washer today!
|Clothes Washer Rebate Requirements|
(refer to specifications for qualifying units)
|$50||ENERGY STAR Clothes Washers||
Clothes washers must be ENERGY STAR qualified AND also have a Modified Energy Factor (MEF)* of 2.2 or greater. Both conditions must be met to qualify.
* The MEF measures energy consumption of the total laundry cycle (washing and drying). It indicates how many cubic feet of laundry can be washed and dried with one kWh of electricity; the higher the number, the greater the efficiency.
Retailer Instant Rebates
A limited number of stores are able to provide the $50 rebate instantly at the register. If you receive an instant rebate at the register, you do not qualify for the mail-in rebate.
For those customers who did not receive the rebate at the register, please submit the application below.
- Clothes Washer Application - for purchases made between July 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015.
- Clothes Washer Application - for purchases made between July 1, 2013 and June 30, 2014. Your completed application must be postmarked no later than July 31, 2014 to receive a rebate.
Additional Opportunities to Save
- A $50 rebate is offered to New Jersey residents who recycle their old, working refrigerators or freezers through New Jersey's Clean Energy Program.
- Check out the refrigerator rebate.
Are you wondering what other rebates might be available? Visit our Rebates and Promotions page.
Questions About Your Rebate?
Do you have a question about a rebate? Please contact us at 866-NJSMART. You may also submit your question online.
Frequently Asked Questions about the clothes washer rebate are also available.
Please allow up to 120 days to receive a rebate.