Summary of Changes - June 21, 2010
The Board of Public Utilities has approved the following changes to commercial and industrial components of New Jersey's Clean Energy Program. These changes are effective as of 5:00 PM on June 21, 2010, the date of the Board Order.
- The incentive level has been reduced from 80% to 60% of the installed cost for approved projects.
- The incentive cap on each project has been reduced from $80,000 to $50,000.
- The 200 kW peak demand threshold has been waived for local government entities who receive and utilize their Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant in conjunction with Direct Install.
- On a case-by-case basis, the Market Manager may accept a project for a customer that is within 10% of the 200 kW peak demand threshold.
NJ SmartStart Buildings
- Applications are again being accepted for new construction projects after a temporary suspension due to budget issues.
- The Multiple Measure Bonus has been eliminated.
- Two additional changes will become effective 30 days from the date of the Order:
- Performance Lighting incentives will be available for new construction projects only. Complete renovation work will no longer qualify for incentives under the Performance Lighting path.
- Prescriptive Lighting incentives for retrofitting a T12 to T8/T5 (1-4 lamp) fixture will be reduced from $15 to $10 per fixture.
Local Government Energy Audit
- Applications are again being accepted after a temporary suspension due to budget issues.