Large Energy Users
The Large Energy Users Program is designed to promote self-investment in energy efficiency and combined heat and power projects with incentives up to $4 million for eligible projects in the state's largest commercial and industrial facilities.
Eligibility and Pre-Qualification
- Entities will be able submit enrollment qualifications for participation on a first-come, first-served basis. Entity shall be defined as (1) Public: having distinct and separate budgetary authority; (2) Public Schools: having distinct and separate budgetary authority; (3) Private: Non-residential companies including all related subsidiaries and affiliates regardless of separate EIN numbers or locations within New Jersey. Consistent with DOCKET NO. EOO7030203.
- To qualify, eligible entities must have contributed a minimum of $300,000 into New Jersey’s Clean Energy Program fund in fiscal year 2015 defined from July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015 (aggregate of all buildings/sites).
- The total FY 2015 contribution is calculated as $0.025905/therm times total therms plus $0.003437/kWh times total kWh [i.e. NJCEP Contribution FY 2015 = ($0.025905/therm x total therms) + ($0.003437/kWh x total kWh)].
- In order to be considered for incentives, the average billed peak demand of all facilities submitted in the Draft Energy Efficiency Plan (DEEP) or Final Energy Efficiency Plan (FEEP) must meet or exceed 400 kW and/or 4,000 DTh.
- Example: Entity submits DEEP/FEEP for two buildings. Building one has an annual billed peak demand of 200 kW, building two has an annual billed peak demand of 600kW. Per the above guideline, both buildings would be considered for incentives as the average of the two is equal to 400kW.
- For campus facilities, the 400 kW or 4000 DTh threshold shall be met on a campus-wide level (i.e. total demand of campus). Any number of buildings may be included in the Energy Efficiency Plan.
- Qualifying entities will be ranked by amount of contribution to the NJCEP fund in FY 2015 from all eligible facilities (400 kW average annual billed peak demand or greater).
- Once qualified, entities will be approved to submit their Draft Energy Efficiency Plan (DEEP) for fund reservation or the Final Energy Efficiency Plan (FEEP) for incentive commitment.
Incentives for the FY2016 program (July 1, 2015 - June 30, 2016) to be distributed based on the specifications below. The maximum incentive per entity is the lesser of:
- $4 million
- 75% of total project(s) cost
- 90% of total NJCEP fund contribution in previous year (i.e. from all entity facilities)
- $0.33 per projected kWh saved; $3.75 per projected Therm saved annually
Resources and Links
- Program Guide and Frequently Asked Questions
- Pre-Qualification Application
- Pre-Qualification Application Online
Questions may be submitted to LEUP@NJCleanEnergy.com.