Atlantic City Electric / Jersey Central Power and Light / Rockland Electric
NJ SREC-Based Financing Program is Open
Atlantic City Electric Company, Jersey Central Power & Light Company, and Rockland Electric Company have issued a Request for Proposals (“RFP”) to select solar projects with which to enter into contracts for the purchase of SRECs.
To participate or learn more, please visit the program web site where you will find additional information and documents and can submit any questions you may have.
• March 26, 2015 (11:00 AM): A webinar will be held to provide prospective bidders with information on the RFP process. During the webinar, attendees may submit questions electronically. Attendance is not a requirement. To register for the webinar, please see the information below or visit the RFP web site.
• April 20, 2015: Expression of interest form submittal deadline.
• April 23, 2015: Proposals due.
RFP Webinar Registration Instructions
On March 26, 2015 at 11:00 AM, the Solicitation Manager (SM) will conduct an optional informational Webinar for prospective bidders. During the Webinar, the SM will describe the RFP process and prospective bidders may submit questions electronically. Responses to questions submitted during the Webinar will be posted to the RFP Web site in the FAQ section.
To join the webinar, please register for the WebEx session.
All information needed to attend the webinar will be sent via e-mail after completion of the registration process.
If you have any questions regarding this RFP, please contact the solicitation manager, Navigant Consulting.
In March 2009, NJBPU approved programs at Jersey Central Power and Light (JCP&L) and Atlantic City Electric (ACE) that provided for long-term contracts for SRECs that the utilities purchased from solar projects selected through a competitive bidding process in their service territories.
The utility solar financing programs expired in 2011 and are no longer accepting new applicants at this time. On May 23, 2012 the Board approved an extension of the EDC Solar finance programs for 180 MW over three years and directed the EDCs to file notice of their intent to participate. On June 01, 2012 the EDCs filed a Notice of Intent to participate in an Extended EDC SREC Program consistent with Staff's recommendations adoped by the NJBPU. Each of the four EDCs filed program proposals and petitions for cost recovery pursuant to the Board's implementation of the Global Warming Response Act, section 98.1.
Instructions for submitting SRP Registrations to Market Manager:
All SRP Registrations for the SREC Based Financing Program Solicitation must be RECEIVED by the Market Manager by Monday, April 13th by 4 pm. Due to the high volume of registrations, no exceptions will be given on this deadline.
SRP Registration Packet must include:
- A clearly written cover letter noting the project is intended for participation in the SREC Based Financing Program SREC II Solicitation.
- Cover letter must be the first page of SRP Registration packet.
- If there is no cover letter, the Market Manager will assume the project is not intended for this Solicitation.
- Please review your SRP Registration prior to submitting to the Market Manager to ensure all required information is included in the packet.
- Any SRP Registration packets that were previously submitted prior to this notice without a cover letter must submit a cover letter notifying the Market Manager if a registration was intended for this Solicitation (please include customer/system owner information in the cover letter).
- No documents can be accepted via email; must be mailed or hand delivered.
SRP Registration Packets should be submitted to:
SREC Registration Program
New Jersey's Clean Energy Program
c/o Conservation Services Group
75 Lincoln Highway, Suite 100
Iselin, New Jersey 08830
If you have any further questions, please send an inquiry titled SREC II Solicitation to NJREINFO@njcleanenergy.com.
Previous Supporting Documents
Previous Related Documents
- IMO the Petition of FRIT Solar, Inc. Concerning the Amendment of the SREC PSA between JCP&L and FRIT 04.23.14
- Petition of RECO for Approval to Implement an Extended SREC Based Financing Program 12.18.13
- Annual Filing to set the Level of ACE Rider RGGI Rate Associated with its SREC Financing Program 12.18.13
- Stipulation of Settlement for JCPL SREC Based Financing Program 12.17.13
- Stipulation of Settlement for ACE SREC Based Financing Program 12.12.13
- Order Extending the 180-day Review Period JCPL RECO ACE 10.16.13
- Order Modifying the Schedule 06.27.13
- Order Extending the 180-Day Review Period for RECO SREC II
- Order Suspending the Procedural Schedule for ACE and JCP&L SREC II 04.05.13
- Order Approving Revised Schedule for ACE and JCP&L SREC II 03.20.13
- RECO SREC II 03.20.13
- ACE Motion to Intervene SREC II 02.26.13
- RECO SREC II Petition 02.01.13
- Order Extending the 180-Day Review Period for JCPL SREC Finance II Filing 01.23.13
- ACE and JCP&L SREC Program Scheduling Order 01.18.13
- Board Order: In the Matter of the Petition to Atlantic City Electric Concerning a Proposal for an Extended Solar Renewable Energy Certificate Program Based Financing Program Pursuant to N.J.S.A. 48:3-98.1
- Board Order: In the Matter of Tioga Solar Holmdel LLC Petition to Extend Solar Renewable Energy Certificate Purchase and Sale Agreement with JCP&L
- ACE Administrative Determination Letter 10.09.12
- ACE 2012 SREC Petition 09.05.12
- Board Order: In the Matter of the Verfied Petition of JCPL Concerning a Proposal for an SREC-based Financing Program under N.J.S.A. 48:3-98.1 ("SREC II") 10.04.12
- Filing: JCP&L SREC-based Financing Program 08.14.12
- Board Order: In the Matter of the Verified Petition of GLC - (NJ) NACR 2 LLC for Approval of an Extension of Time to Complete the Conditions Precedent Under its Extension Request for Solar Renewable Energy Certificate Purchase and Sale Agreements with Rockland Electric Company