Jersey Atlantic Wind
The 7.5 MW Jersey Atlantic Wind Farm is the first wind farm to be built in New Jersey, and the first coastal wind farm in the United States. The wind farm is located in Atlantic County, New Jersey and is visible to more than 30 million visitors each year from downtown Atlantic City and the Atlantic City Expressway.
The project produces approximately 19 million kWh of emission-free electricity per year, which is enough emission-free energy to power over 2,000 homes. The electricity is used by both the Atlantic County Utiltiies Authority (ACUA) Wastewater Treatment Plant and delivered to the regional electric grid.
- Jersey Atlantic Wind (JAW) Agreement
- Jersey Atlantic Wind Website
- Jersey Atlantic Wind Farm Avian Study Jul - Dec 2007
- Jersey Atlantic Wind Farm Avian Study Jan - Sept 2008
- Jersey Atlantic Wind Farm Avian study - August 2009