All paperwork for the SREC Registration Program (SRP) should be mailed or sent by overnight delivery service to 75 Lincoln Highway, Suite 100, Iselin, NJ 08830. Paperwork will not be accepted via fax or e-mail. Paperwork may be submitted in person only between 9 am - 4 pm.
Submit a Registration Packet
On May 1, 2012, the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities (BPU) re-adopted Chapter 8 (renewable energy and energy efficiency) rules with amendments that became effective upon publication on June 4, 2012. The new rule amendments require SREC registration to occur no later than ten (10) business days after execution of the contract for purchase or installation of the photovoltaic panels to be used for the solar project. If the applicable deadline is not met, any SRECs based on electricity generated by the solar facility shall not be used for compliance with the New Jersey RPS until 12 months after the solar facility has received authorization to energize by the EDC. See NJ Administrative Code.
System registrants must submit a completed Registration Packet with all required documents and signatures. The Registration Packet must contain all of the information as identified on either the SREC Registration Checklist for Behind-the-Meter projects or the SREC Registration Checklist for Grid-Supply projects including:
- SREC Registration Checklist for Behind-the-Meter projects (updated Jan 2013)
- SREC Registration Checklist for Grid-Supply projects (updated Jun 2012)
- Solar Act Requirements (Jul 2012)
- SREC Registration Form (updated Jun 2012)
- SREC Solar Technical Worksheet (updated Jan 2013)
- SRP Registration Cancellation Form of Non-Compliant SRP
- Sandy Relief Solar Certification Form
Submit a Final As-Built Packet
All REIP solar projects should follow the directions on "How to Submit a Final REIP Solar As-Built Packet."
Once the system is installed, has passed the local inspection and received interconnection from the utility, the system is ready to be scheduled for a program inspection or receive an inspection waiver.
Registrants must submit a complete Final As-Built Packet as per the Solar SRP Final As-Built Checklist. This is applicable for all solar projects participating in the SRP regardless of project approval year. A complete packet must be submitted by the project expiration date. If your system will not be completed prior to the expiration date, you may be able to apply for an extension. Review the SRP project extension policy to see if you are eligible. The EDC Notification is the only document that can be submitted after the expiration date. However, the project will not be scheduled for an inspection or receive an inspection waiver until a complete Final As-Built packet has been received. Therefore, until the system receives a passed inspection or waiver letter, the project will not receive a New Jersey certification number needed to generate SRECs.
The Final As-Built Packet includes:
- Solar SRP Final As-Built Checklist (updated Jan 2013)
- Final As-Built Technical Worksheet (updated Jan 2012)
- ANSI C12 Certified Meter Worksheet (updated Jun 2012) An ANSI C12 meter is required for all SRP projects, regardless of system size. See Metering Requirements.
- PV Commissioning Form (updated Feb 2012)
- NJ Tax Clearance Certificate (only needed for ESFI projects that are PPA, commercial entities, farms and non-profits)
Tools needed to complete the forms:
For shading analysis
To verify the solar azimuth orientation
Correspondence and inquiries should be directed to:
Renewable Energy Incentive Program
New Jersey's Clean Energy Program
c/o Conservation Services Group
75 Lincoln Highway, Suite 100
Iselin, New Jersey 08830
Phone: 866-NJSMART (866-657-6278, ext. 3)