All paperwork for the SREC Registration Program (SRP) should be mailed or sent by overnight delivery service to 75 Lincoln Highway, Suite 100, Iselin, NJ 08830. Paperwork will not be accepted via fax or e-mail. Paperwork may be submitted in person only between 9 am - 4 pm.
Submit a Registration Packet
On May 1, 2012, the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities (BPU) re-adopted Chapter 8 (renewable energy and energy efficiency) rules with amendments that became effective upon publication on June 4, 2012. The new rule amendments require SREC registration to occur no later than ten (10) business days after execution of the contract for purchase or installation of the photovoltaic panels to be used for the solar project. If the applicable deadline is not met, any SRECs based on electricity generated by the solar facility shall not be used for compliance with the New Jersey RPS until 12 months after the solar facility has received authorization to energize by the EDC. See NJ Administrative Code.
System registrants must submit a completed Registration Packet with all required documents and signatures. The Registration Packet must contain all of the information as identified on either the SREC Registration Checklist for Behind-the-Meter projects or the SREC Registration Checklist for Grid-Supply projects including:
- SREC Registration Checklist for Behind-the-Meter projects(updated Mar 2014)
- SREC Registration Checklist for Grid-Supply projects (updated Jan 2014)
- SREC Registration Form (updated Jun 2012)
- SREC Solar Technical Worksheet (updated Nov 2013)
- SRP Milestone Reporting Form (Jun 2014)
- SRP Registration Cancellation Form of Non-Compliant SRP
Milestone Reporting Form
Required for all Grid Supply Facilities and All Net Metered Facilities Greater Than 1 MW: The Milestone Reporting Form must be submitted by the Registrant as an initial report with the SRP Registration Packet and quarterly thereafter, including any extensions, if applicable, that may be granted to the initial SRP acceptance period, until the Final As-Built packet is submitted. Quarterly reports must be submitted to the Market Manager within two weeks of the quarters ending March 31, June 30, September 30 and December 31.
Submit a Final As-Built Packet
Registrants must submit a complete Final As-Built Packet as per the Solar SRP Final As-Built Checklist. This is applicable for all solar projects participating in the SRP regardless of project approval year. A complete packet must be submitted by the project expiration date. If your system will not be completed prior to the expiration date, you may be able to apply for an extension. Review the SRP project extension policy to see if you are eligible. Therefore, until the system receives a passed inspection or waiver letter, the project will not receive a New Jersey certification number needed to generate SRECs.
The Final As-Built Packet includes:
- Solar SRP Final As-Built Forms (updated Jan 2015) - .xlsx version (Excel 2010)
- Solar SRP Final As-Built Forms (updated Jan 2015) - .xls version (Excel 2003-2007)
- Note: Microsoft provides an Office Compatibility Pack for those users that are still using the earlier version of Excel (.xls).
- Post-Construction NJDEP Compliance Form Solar Act Subsection (t) N.J.S.A 48:3-87
- Subsection (q) Return of Escrow Instructions 082014
- Subsection (q) Escrow Change Letter 08202014
Tools needed to complete the forms:
For shading analysis
To verify the solar azimuth orientation
Correspondence and inquiries should be directed to:
SREC Registration Program
New Jersey's Clean Energy Program
c/o Conservation Services Group
75 Lincoln Highway, Suite 100
Iselin, New Jersey 08830
Phone: 866-NJSMART (866-657-6278, ext. 3)