The COOLAdvantage Program provides rebates for qualifying high efficiency central air conditioners, ductless mini-split AC units and heat pumps. To be eligible, you must purchase, install, and operate a system that meets all applicable efficiency requirements. Call 866-NJSMART or see below for detailed information.
NEW! For faster processing Apply Online and also learn about program changes which will go into effect January 1, 2017 on the apply online page.
|Central Air Conditioning|
|Rebate for units purchased through June 30, 2017|
|Compressor and coil combination that yield >= SEER 18, EER 13
|Compressor and coil combination that yield >= SEER 16, EER 13
|Ductless Mini-Split AC**|
|Rebate for units purchased through
June 30, 2016
|Rebate for units purchased July 1, 2016 through
June 30, 2017
|Compressor and coil combination that yield
>=SEER 20, EER 12.5, 10 HSPF
For those affected by Hurricane Sandy, an additional $200 per unit may be added to the rebate levels shown for purchases made prior to July 31, 2016. This additional incentive will be processed as a separate rebate check from the above noted rebate check.
*SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio), EER (Energy Efficiency Ratio)
ACCA Manual J and Manual S outputs are required for heat pump installations to demonstrate that the installed system is sized within 15% variance of requirement and correctly selected for the dwelling. Your contractor will need to provide this information.
Heat pump rebate amounts are based on the unit's SEER, EER and HSPF ratings and documentation that the proper installation requirements have been met. All three rating factors must meet minimum requirements in order to qualify for a rebate (except for geothermal).
Customers or contractors are encouraged to submit applications online for expedited processing. For those who prefer to submit paper applications, please use the form below:
- COOLAdvantage Application (July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017)
- COOLAdvantage Application (through June 30, 2016)
Note: FY2017 SEP funding currently available for oil, propane and municipal electric customers who wish to participate in the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR, WARMAdvantage and COOLAdvantage Programs.
Hhomes constructed under NJ's Residential New Construction Program are not eligible for the COOLAdvantage Program.
Additional Opportunities to Save
- If you purchase an energy-efficient product for your home, you may also be eligible for a federal tax credit. Please consult your tax professional.
- Consider a home energy assessment from Home Performance with ENERGY STAR to help you save even more and improve the comfort, safety, and durability of your home. Rebates up to $4,000 are available, as well as zero-interest financing!
- Are you wondering what other rebates might be available? Visit our Rebates and Promotions page.
Contact us at 866-NJSMART or submit your question online. Allow up to 120 days to receive a rebate.