The COOLAdvantage Program provides rebates for qualifying equipment. To be eligible, you must purchase, install and operate a home cooling system that meets all program requirements. Call 866-NJSMART for detailed information.
|Cooling Equipment Rebates|
|Incentives for units purchased through July 31, 2015|
|Central Air Conditioner||Compressor and coil combination that yield >= SEER* 17 and EER 13||
|Central Air Conditioner||Compressor and coil combination that yield >= SEER* 16 and EER 13||
$500 - Only available for Sandy Relief, see below
|Ductless Mini-Split A/C System**||Compressor and coil Combination >= SEER* 17 and EER 13||
*SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio), EER (Energy Efficiency Ratio).
For all central air conditioners only: ACCA Manual J and Manual S outputs are required to demonstrate that the installed system is sized within 15% variance of requirement and correctly selected for the dwelling. Your contractor will need to provide this information.
Rebate amounts are based on the unit's SEER and EER and documentation that the proper installation requirements have been met. In central air conditioner installations both the condenser and coil must be replaced or installed as a matched set as rated in the Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute certified performance criteria.
Applications for purchases through July 31, 2015:
- COOLAdvantage Application for Atlantic City Electric, JCP&L, PSEG and Rockland Electric customers
- COOLAdvantage Application for municipal and co-op electric customers
- Hurricane Sandy Homeowner Certification Form
Note: Applications for units purchased August 1, 2015 and after will be added to the website.
Additional Opportunities to Save
- Consider scheduling a home energy assessment from Home Performance with ENERGY STAR to help you save even more and improve the comfort, safety and durability of your home.
- If you purchase an energy-efficient product for your home, you may also be eligible for a federal tax credit. Consult your tax professional.
- Are you wondering what other rebates might be available? Visit our Rebates and Promotions page.
Contact us at 866-NJSMART or submit your question online.
Please allow up to 120 days from the date we receive all required information to process your rebate. To expedite the processing of your application, please be sure to review the instructions carefully and provide all required information and materials.