The COOLAdvantage Program provides rebates for qualifying high efficiency heat pumps. To be eligible, you must purchase, install, and operate a system that meets all applicable efficiency requirements. Call 866-NJSMART or see below for detailed information
Note: Effective August 1, 2015, the minimum efficiency levels required in order to receive a rebate for heat pumps and ductless mini-split units will be changing. Please refer to the table below.
|Geothermal Heat Pump|
|Rebate for units purchased through Jul 31, 2015||Minimum
|Rebate for units purchased on or after Aug 1, 2015|
|Must be ENERGY STAR qualified (qualified product lists may be found at energystar.gov||$500||Must be ENERGY STAR qualified (qualified product lists may be found at energystar.gov||$500|
For those affected by Hurricane Sandy, an additional $200 per unit will be added to the rebate level shown. This additional incentive will be processed as a separate rebate check from the equipment rebate check.
*SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio), EER (Energy Efficiency Ratio), HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Factor)
ACCA Manual J and Manual S outputs are required for heat pump installations to demonstrate that the installed system is sized within 15% variance of requirement and correctly selected for the dwelling. Your contractor will need to provide this information.
Heat pump rebate amounts are based on the unit's SEER, EER and HSPF ratings and documentation that the proper installation requirements have been met. All three rating factors must meet minimum requirements in order to qualify for a rebate (except for geothermal).
Applications for purchases through July 31, 2015:
- COOLAdvantage Application for Atlantic City Electric, JCP&L, PSEG and Rockland Electric customers
- COOLAdvantage Application for municipal and co-op electric customers
- Hurricane Sandy Homeowner Certification Form
Note: Applications for units purchased August 1, 2015 and after will be added to the website shortly.
Additional Opportunities to Save
- If you purchase an energy-efficient product for your home, you may also be eligible for a federal tax credit. Please consult your tax professional.
- Consider a home energy assessment from Home Performance with ENERGY STAR to help you save even more and improve the comfort, safety, and durability of your home. Rebates up to $5,000 are available, as well as zero-interest financing!
- Are you wondering what other rebates might be available? Visit our Rebates and Promotions page.
Contact us at 866-NJSMART or submit your question online. Allow up to 120 days to receive a rebate.